Pack of Four

Pack of Four
Nightmare, Gabbi, Arme & Kilo

Feb 12, 2011

A mixed breed - Wolfhound? Bernese? Shepherd?

My dog Arme is 22 monthes old.  When I got him, the breeder advertised him as Bernese Mountain Dog/Shepherd mix. I have always wanted a Bernese mountain dog, so I jumped at the chance to get even a Bernese mix.  As he grew older, he got scruffier and taller. His beard is infamous, as shown in the picture below. 



People always asked if he was Wolfhound mix.   I never gave it much thought until I found the picture below:

This picture is of a wolfhound/shepherd mix.  The resemblemce is striking.

I also have a full sister of Arme's, Kilo:

She has a much blockier head, not very scruffy, not very tall.  I know their mother was full shepherd, she was very long and completely black.  It's interesting to see the difference between the two.  Below is a picture of my dog pack!  From the left - Nightmare, Gabbi, Armegeddon, & Kilo!




Does anyone else have a wolfhound/shepherd mix?  I would love to see pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a dog that looks a lot like your Arme and kilo. I adopted him from the local pound and they said he was a wolfhound mix. I think because of his coloring that he's wolfhound/Bernese mix. I did think about doing a DNA test on him once just because of my curiosity.

Gabbi Hockman said...

I get alot of comments from people asking if they are wolfhound mix! I know for sure they are mixed with shepherd, because I saw the mother, who is a full shepherd. Their colours are consistent with a Bernese mountain dog, but its funny mix!