Pack of Four

Pack of Four
Nightmare, Gabbi, Arme & Kilo

Mar 28, 2011

Ronald McKelvie Sr. 1932-2011



I once heard, there is nothing more perfect then death, cause you can't screw it up. I didn't give it much thought until this past week, when Ron passed away. On March 20, 2011 at 8:20 pm Ron took his last breath, surrounded by over 20 family members. I don't think it gets more perfect then that, surrounded by people who love you!

This week preparing for Ron's celebration of life has been hectic, for my family. For me, I feel like I have been stuck in mud. I only had one job, that was to put together a power point presentation to show at Ron's celebration of life. I could not have got through this past week without so much support from my family and friends.

My sisters and brothers are so wonderful. My aunt, cousin and sister from Hazelton were all able to make it down. My aunt was amazing at helping with everything and being there for my mom too. My SIL Bev took great care of my brother Ron Jr. He came up with a great idea to do a meat draw at the celebration of life. The meatdraw raised over $300 that was donated to the Housing units where my parents live to help with the events they put on for kids. Ron loved kids so much, so it was a perfect fit!

So many family friends offered their support and positive thoughts during this difficult time. I am overwhelmed when I think of all the support.  I have to give special mention to a few people, that even today, stood out:
  • My nephew Joshua, he was there for Ron and all the family.  For a young man, his compassion and affection to his family is outstanding.  
  • My niece Candace who spent days and nights at Ron's bedside!  I will forever treasure the picture of us eating fish and donuts!
  • My sister Gloria, who readily admits she is not a caregiver.  But her love and support for everyone is un-waivering and so needed.
  • My sister Marie, who was able to make it down to be with rest of the family.  I was so happy to have her there.  An extra special thank you for my cousin Phil and his wife Marlise for helping with her flight!
  • My aunt Dehlia, for taking such great care of mom.  I know how important sister's are for support, healing, and love during the hardest times in life!
  • My cousin Bridie for also making the trip down to be with the family. 
  • Bob and Liz Byers, Teresa and he son Chris & Glen and Wendy for being such great family and friends for Ronnie and Bev!
Without everyone's support our family would not have been able to get through that week and the weeks since then.  Not to mention, all the support made it possible to keep our sense of humour!

I hope everyone will hug, call, spend time or forgive their loved ones, because even you expect to lose someone, it is still a shock.

Please enjoy the picture story of Ron's life! Ron's Picture Story

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture story to celebrate his life!!!! It is a great way to help everyone remember the good memories!! Tara Krebbers

The Drinkwaters said...

I loved the pictures from your step dad and mom's wedding. They both are glowing in the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you'll want to put a facebook icon to your website. I just bookmarked the blog, however I had to do it by hand. Just my 2 cents.